Makes 18 Mini Tarts
- Kaffir Lime Curd Ingredients:
- 1 and 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Zest of 1 kaffir lime
- Pastry Crust Ingredients:
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
To Make Kaffir Lime Curd
- Combine sugar and kaffir lime zest in a food processor. Pulse until the zest is finely minced and completely incorporated into the sugar.
- Cream the butter and sugar + zest mixture.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing until incorporated.
- Add the lime juice and water.
- Pour the whole mixture into a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it has thickened (approximately 10 minutes).
- Save in the refrigerator until ready to use
To Make Mini Pastry Crusts
- Cream the butter and sugar together until they are light and fluffy.
- Add the beaten egg and mix until just incorporated.
- Add the flour and salt and mix until a soft dough is formed.
- Form the dough into a ball and place in saran wrap in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Once chilled, press the dough into your mini tart pans.
- Use a fork to prick the bottom of each crust and place into a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes. Remove and let the mini tarts cool completely.
- To Assemble Mini Tarts:
- Fill the mini tart pastry shells with the cooled kaffir lime curd.
- Sprinkle with additional kaffir lime zest, as desired. Enjoy!
Booking Thai-inspired treatment and have your Thai Turmeric Balm upgrade , visit http://www.praniglowdayspa.com.au/prani-glow-signature-rituals/