~Saturday Recipe: Spicy Orange Salad , Great Kick start of a calming week~
Oranges are full of vitamin C, fiber, and have a calming, sedative effect. A great food for summer to keep cool, and stay calm.
- 6 oranges 4 to 6 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons mixed spice
- 1 mild red onion (6 oz.), peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup finely slivered fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- About 1/2 cup black olives such as Niçoise or kalamata
- Fresh mint leaves and fresh coriander leaves, rinsed
With a small, sharp knife, cut peel and white membrane from oranges. Slice the oranges crosswise into thin pieces.
In a small bowl, mix 4 tablespoons vinegar with olive oil and sugar. Stir in the mixed spice.
In a wide, shallow bowl, gently mix orange slices, onions, slivered mint, and chopped coriander. Pour in dressing and mix gently. Taste and add salt and more vinegar if desired.
Scatter olives, mint leaves, and coriander leaves over the top. Spoon salad and dressing onto plates.
Book your Thai-inspired Treatment and massage with Aromatherapy, call 0467 207 329 or visit http://www.praniglowdayspa.com.au/face-body-rituals/